Sunday 31 March 2013

Sentosa Island, smashing into a crab and rooftop cocktails!

The day had finally come that I wasn't sure what to do with, and the reason I had the opportunity to be on this trip of a lifetime. I woke up early and the weather was looking great so the plan to go to Sentosa Island was perfect. Lottie and I got there at about 11.30am and had a wander around the beach while we decided what we fancied getting tickets for. After walking past a bar setting up for a wedding we stopped at the Wave Bar, where a surfing wave provided some background entertainment and we chilled out gassing the world away.

The tickets worked out best to do the activities after 2.30, and there is so much to walk around we went across a rope bridge to a smaller island and took some pictures on a palm tree!! We had a walk around the butterfly gardens, hoping for some air con but sadly there was just more sweating, but the butterflies were massive and so pretty. We petted a massive tortoise which I thought was lucky? We raced down the luge, which Lottie won and did a little more wandering before meeting her parents to get the cable car to Faber Mount Park for a beer.

The views from the cable car were amazing, they are currently moving the port from next to Sentosa to the other side of the city and it was really impressive how the whole thing operates and the engineering of the city. The cable car even goes through the middle of a building! We had a corona in the Jewel Box bar overlooking Sentosa, the port and oil refinery and by chance got a romantically decorated cable car back to Vivo shopping centre for a cab back.

After a quick cool down and change we headed back out to China town for chilli crab. We went to a restaurant on Pagoda Street and I can honestly say I have never enjoyed working for my food as much as tucking into this crab!! I got so messy my hands were burning from the chilli but it was absolutely delicious!! I will definitely be trying to imitate cooking it in the uk sometime, and Lottie has the bibs in her case for me to make it authentic. We shared a mixture of other things including spring rolls, won ton, cereal prawns and sweet and sour pork. I had a quick wander in the street shops and got a kimono as a momento and it was time for more drinks!

We went to a couple of Antony and Chris's favourite new bars, The Screening Room which is a rooftop bar that also shows films on the floor below and then Ying Yang. We stuck our heads into a karaoke bar but Lottie and I couldn't handle it for a whole drunk so called it a night.

A perfect Singapore Saturday :)

Love Nikki xXx





















No comments:

Post a Comment